The Birth Essentials class is designed to provide you with the fundamentals of normal & natural birth; the essential tools, knowledge & confidence you need to have a positive birth experience.
This class is a great complementary to your hospital ante-natal classes. We are afforded the time to delve into the things that they don't tell you & give you the hand on tools that you need to know to have a calm birth.
The Birth Essentials class is filled with information that is best for you & your baby rather than operating according to specific hospital policies. This means you get a class that is all about natural birth from start to finish!
During this class you will learn:
- Everything you need to know to achieve a safer, easier and more comfortable birth
- Explode the myth that pain is necessary in labour - it’s not!
- Understand how your body is naturally designed to birth your baby with ease and comfort
- Explore the amazing cocktail of hormones & the vital roles they play
- Natural methods to bring your body into labour without artificial chemical induction
- Birth Companions - Learn how you can best support mum!
- Communicating with your care providers in the best possible way
- How to write your birth plan/preferences/wishes
- Hands on learning as we delve into birthing positions, massage techniques & more!
- Learn some simple relaxation techniques to keep you calm & in control
You will also receive a toolkit to support you beyond the class which includes some recorded relaxation techniques & essential handouts to refer to when you need them!
Every mum also receives a Baobag full of little goodies!
"Before attending the natural birthing class, I was extremely unsure about my body's ability to give birth to our baby. I panicked when I thought about what I had to do, and my husband while willing, did not know how he would be able to help me relax. The class eased my mind and I am confident now that when I go into labour I will be excited, not worried, about the whole process. My husband now feels he will be able to help me relax if I get stressed, and help me with different positions, massage, and techniques to ease any pain. I cannot recommend this class more highly, especially to women who have any fears or reservations about childbirth."[/row]